Announcing the Pyro Operating System
The Pyro OS, is a fork of Syllable, a system based on the Norwegian developed AtheOS.
We would like to announce the system, on OSD, and the degree of details in the presentation, will depend on the time we get.
- The history behind the system (AtheOS -> Syllable -> Pyro)
- Why fork?
- What is Pyro, and the plans for the future.
- (Why) Do we need non-Linux/BSD systems?
The core group behind Pyro, is an international team, of two Scandinavians, and two North Americans. The speaker will be the danish member of the core group, who...
- Took initiative to fork.
- Participated in the development of Syllable, for several years.
- Was a member of the Syllable core group for a around two years, with localization as the main responsibility.
Flemming H. Sørensen, is the Danish member of the Pyro OS core-group, and the one to take the initiative to fork. He participated in Syllable, for several years, and was a member of the Syllable core group for a around two years, with localization as the main responsibility.
In Pyro, he's mainly responsible for putting everything together, and for organizing in general.